[Bazaar]

Think something should be in ProjectDS? Post it here!

Moderator: PDS Developers

[Bazaar]

Postby seraph » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:37 pm

I think it would be appropriate to have Bazaars also increase your GC per turn for that planet.

However, I'm not sure how much of a bump it should be. Given that you can already adjust the tax rate, I'd guess that any bonus a Bazaar would add to GC production should be relatively small - say 10% of planet current GC production per level. So, if your planet is churning out 100 GC per turn (for example), a level 1 Bazaar would give you an additional 10 GC per turn; a level 2, 20 GC; etc, etc.

That might be too much though. Maybe 5% increments? 1% seems too small, but I think if the percentage were too high that it would become overwhelming (as in too much GC). Or maybe a staggered increment: 1% at level 1, 5% at level 2, 10% at level 3, 20% at level 4, 33% at level 5?

To play Devil's Advocate against my own suggestion, GC is the resources that is the highest of the three. I'm not sure IF it needs to be boosted, but there are points (early/mid-game) when GC is a dear and precious. But, late game, you're practically swimming in GC at times, and if you boosted that for every Bazaar a player has built (or upgraded) then the GC will only be that much freer.
seraph

Re: [Bazaar]

Postby Nestor2k » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm

That's not a bad idea. There are other things that I plan on implementing that require GC.

For example, you will be able to sell items on the IGBN. So, if you don't feel like manufacturing ship upgrades yourself, you can simple buy them. Also, to buy items, there will be shipping charges. Imagine the cost of shipping items between galaxies! :)

Also, there is soldier pay and ship pay. That can be adjusted as well.

I am thinking of adding a research pay. Basically, you pay to have your Academies. However, you would only pay when you are actually researching. It's an idea, and I haven't decided if that's what I want to do.

To add to all of the fun, I am thinking of creating a game, "lottery" at some point. Basically, a percentage of GC spent (to construct buildings, ships, etc.) will be placed into a common pot of money. Every time a player logs in, they are entered into a monthly (or daily, weekly..) drawing. The more times a player logs in, the better the chances of them "winning" the pot of GC. This is also just an idea..

Anyway, GC will be used for much more in the future. So, the idea of the Bazaar increasing the yield is a great idea!
-Nestor2k
Nestor2k
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests