Streamlining Ship Construction

Think something should be in ProjectDS? Post it here!

Moderator: PDS Developers

Streamlining Ship Construction

Postby Wendor » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:39 pm

A new feature I would like to see is the inclusion of a link on the screen which tells you that your newly building ship is now in the command queue; specifically a link back to the shipyard of the planet you just ordered the ship built on. Or at least a link back to the planet details page. This would cut down on the amount of clicking needed to order multiple ships built on a planet, and eliminate the need to go all the way back to "My Assets", scroll down, and reselect the planet in between each ship. It would also be handy if that screen told you how many ships were currently under construction in that shipyard, just to make it easier to keep track when furiously clicking through ship construction orders.

Something I think would also be cool, though its likely a feature for farther down the line, is the implementation of some sort of central ship construction command. Something that allows you to, say, order X number of destroyers to be built at whatever planets are best suited for building them in the empire, or order Y number of cruisers built on any planet in a specific star system. Things like that. Essentially, as the number of potential owned planets gets larger, it would be nice not to have to visit each planet individually to order them one by one to construct ships.

Anywho, just some thoughts to consider.
Wendor

Re: Streamlining Ship Construction

Postby Nestor2k » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks Wendor!

All very good ideas.
-Nestor2k
Nestor2k
Site Admin

Postby Nestor2k » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:38 pm

I remedied your initial request. Take a look:

ship_const.jpg
-Nestor2k
Nestor2k
Site Admin

Postby Wendor » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 am

Wow, that was fast! You're awesome Nestor!
Wendor

Return to Feature Requests