[Orbital Defense] Leveling up

Think something should be in ProjectDS? Post it here!

Moderator: PDS Developers

[Orbital Defense] Leveling up

Postby seraph » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:22 am

For consideration:

With the first Orbital Defense building, the building auto-builds 2 towers in orbit.
With Orbital Defense building leveled up to 2, you can retrofit orbital towers with ship parts.
With Orbital Defense 3-5, an additional orbital defense platform slot is opened.

So, instead of building 1 building and getting 5 defensive stationary 'ships', players would need to invest Resources into leveling up the OD building to get the most out of it.
seraph

Re: [Orbital Defense] Leveling up

Postby Nestor2k » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Actually, that is already in the pipeline. However, 5 OD turrets will be the level 1 amount.

The number of turrets will increase with each level. To make them stronger, applying the upgrades will be the only way.

I am thinking of making them cheaper and not require level 2 buildings to build. That way, newer players can build them immediately.

I am thinking of this breakdown:

Level 1 - 5 OD Turrets built
Level 2 - 10 OD Turrets built
Level 3 - 15 Turrets..
Level 4 - 20 Turrets..
Level 5 - 25 Turrets..

Of course, each level's cost will be exponentially higher.

The main point of Orbital Defense is to save time before an invasion can occur. It should give players some time to send re-enforcements to fend off enemies.

We can always tweak their strength, but I think this is a good start.

Ship leveling is coming soon. That will be based on merit. Each ship will essentially have its own XP counter. The more kills, the higher the level of the ship. It will increase its HP and Armor.

Thanks!
-Nestor2k
Nestor2k
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests