Galaxy Map

Discuss anything related to ProjectDS. For bug reports, use the bug reports forum below.

Moderator: PDS Developers

Galaxy Map

Postby Nestor2k » Wed May 29, 2013 11:31 am

Hello everyone!

Question:

Should the default view for the Galaxy Map be the "Colonies" view? This view shows the ownership in the star systems.
-Nestor2k
Nestor2k
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy Map

Postby junktext » Wed May 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Is the "Colonies" view also known as the "Grid View"? If so, then yes I would prefer to have the Grid View layout, as I never use the Map View (although it does look cool and helps me visualize the Project DS environment).

Also, while we're on this topic... Is the Map View in terms of a 2D plane, or is this a 3D world altogether? I assume 2D (which is fine by me) but I am asking in terms of having a ship travel from planetary system to planetary system, and was curious in how to pre-plan for how long the ship's transit may take if each planetary system is in or near the same quadrant.

--William
junktext

Postby Nestor2k » Wed May 29, 2013 9:35 pm

The colonies view is in the Map View. If you like on Small/Large under the Map View, you will get a representation of the galaxy with the star systems that have colonies.

The grid view was mainly designed for tablets. The Map View allows you to hover over a star system to see what's inside.

Also, yes, the galaxy is 2D. Travel time is determined by linear distance between two systems. The closer the systems are, the quicker the travel will be.
-Nestor2k
Nestor2k
Site Admin

Postby junktext » Thu May 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Ah, okay. So, now that I know what the Colonies view you were referring to, yes, that does seem like a helpful visual tool now. You got my vote to make that the default version of the Map View.

Keep up the good work, Dave. This is a fun game so far!

--William
junktext

Return to ProjectDS Stuff