0.0.5 Released! (Game Reset)

Discuss anything related to ProjectDS. For bug reports, use the bug reports forum below.

Moderator: PDS Developers

0.0.5 Released! (Game Reset)

Postby Nestor2k » Thu May 16, 2013 11:27 pm

** NOTE: Diplomacy is only about 30% completed. You can still attack neutral players, but you will not be able to explicitly set them as enemies until 0.0.6. With that... continue reading. :)

With the release of 0.0.5, ProjectDS has been reset. You will need to start a new character and begin your new empire. Enjoy!

--- New Features ---

- Character Profile Screen: You can access your character profile by clicking on the Profile link in the upper right corner. You can also view other player's profiles when you click on their character name through the game.
- Character Leveling and Experience: Your character will now gain experience for various actions. For more information, please visit our forums.
- Diplomacy: The foundations for diplomacy have been implemented. There is still a lot of work to be done here, so not all features are available.
- Chat: You can now chat with other players under the Comms page. Alliance chat will be available in the next release.
- Ally System View: Under the Galaxy Map page, you can will find an ally system view when you are in an alliance.
- Additional technology research has been added.

--- Changes ---

- Galaxy Map: Systems will now show alliance systems in purple. Enemies will show up in a deep red color. However, you cannot set who your enemies are until 0.0.6. You can still attack Neutral players.
- Research: Technologies will now require a certain character level to research in addition to RP.
- Planet Colonization: There are now limits to the number of planets you can colonize. To colonize additional planets, you will need to research colonization technologies. There are NO limits for invasions and planet captures.
- With the reset, there are now 550 star systems. (Over 3500 planets) The previous number was 400 systems.

---Bug Fixes ---

- Most bugs reported were fixed in 0.0.4. If there were any bugs that were fixed in 0.0.5, I didn't keep track of them.. or they were fixed by accident. :)
-Nestor2k
Nestor2k
Site Admin

Re: 0.0.5 Released! (Game Reset)

Postby seraph » Fri May 24, 2013 7:25 am

Right. Reset.

First off, things look to be running smoothly. The new screen graphics are wonderful (especially all the planet views). The new chat feature seems to work.

There are some little design things that I've got questions about, however.
  • Resource reduction. We've already seen that one and Nestor had to boost all by 6000 for each resource. I remember that Gas production was lagging behind slightly in the older version, but now it seems that ore production lags behind, drastically reduced on some planets. My guess is that you're tweaking to find that sweet spot that keeps thing moving without resulting in far too much. I worry that it's currently far too little, but as expansion is occurring, that's probably just a narrow view of my own.
  • RP and levels for tech. Since you have to have at least 10 RP to research advanced buildings, you've got to have at least 2 planets for that. But, there are other techs that require 20 RP, but a minimum of level 1. Surely by the time someone has either 4 planets (or at least 2 planets with lvl 2 Academies), they're going to be over level 1, yes? Or does the minimum level requirement figure in to the research time?

That's it for now. Back to work and all. More later.
seraph

Re: 0.0.5 Released! (Game Reset)

Postby Nestor2k » Fri May 24, 2013 10:44 am

seraph wrote:[*]Resource reduction. We've already seen that one and Nestor had to boost all by 6000 for each resource. I remember that Gas production was lagging behind slightly in the older version, but now it seems that ore production lags behind, drastically reduced on some planets. My guess is that you're tweaking to find that sweet spot that keeps thing moving without resulting in far too much. I worry that it's currently far too little, but as expansion is occurring, that's probably just a narrow view of my own.

- I'm not sure that I did anything to "tweak" the resources from the previous version. However, I did notice that my resource generating script didn't generate as many resources as with the original galaxy. I'm going to leave it for now, but I think I am going to adjust the script for the next reset. Let's see how things shake out this round.

seraph wrote:[*]RP and levels for tech. Since you have to have at least 10 RP to research advanced buildings, you've got to have at least 2 planets for that. But, there are other techs that require 20 RP, but a minimum of level 1. Surely by the time someone has either 4 planets (or at least 2 planets with lvl 2 Academies), they're going to be over level 1, yes? Or does the minimum level requirement figure in to the research time? [/list]

The "minimum" levels were mainly guesses. I just threw those numbers in. If you want, compile a list of the technologies and what you think their minimum levels and RP should be. Char levels are not used in the formula for research time.

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it!
-Nestor2k
Nestor2k
Site Admin

Return to ProjectDS Stuff